Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TOMS Teacher of the Year!


Congratulations Amber Corcoran for being nominated
as the Twin Oaks Middle School Teacher of the year!

Information:
          7th Grade Math Teacher (Pre-Algebra)
          Bachelors of Arts from St. Catherine University (Mathematics Degree)
          Currently in my Masters Program at St. Mary’s University
          5th full year in the district (held various long term sub positions prior)
          Student taught here at TOMS in fall of 2008
          Have taught 6th, 7th, 8th grade math and 7th, 8th grade science

Past/Present Committees:
          Mentorship Program
          Professional Development Committee
         Technology Committee
          Student Intervention Team
          PBIS Committee

Other/Misc:
          Volunteer often in community (bell ringing, shelters, feed my starving children)
          Technology go-to person (I love anything and everything do with technology)
          Huge MN Twins and Vikings fan (we keep track of season records in my classroom)
          Run in 5k/10k races with my dad and my husband (17 and counting)
         My husband and I love to travel. A few of our favorite spots are: Australia, London, Sweden, South Africa, and Hawaii.

          Favorite part of teaching: Creating a safe, inviting, and structured environment for students where every student is set up with the tools to be successful in learning math. I also love creating a positive relationship with students where they are comfortable coming to my class and are excited to learn.